Tablespoons to Cups:
To measure different things, different units are used such as to measure weight, the unit kilogram is used. To measure length, the unit named as the meter is used and for the measurement of the quantity of some food items like sugar, the unit Kilogram is used. Conversion among units is a mathematical process like to find out how many grams are in a kilogram and so on. Here we are going to talk about tablespoons to cups conversion.
Tablespoons to Cups Conversion:
Do you not know that how many tablespoons in one cup? Perhaps, every woman would like to know that how many tablespoons in a cup. For some women, cooking is a passion and when they watch cooking recipes, here the trouble comes.
The quantity of many ingredients that are used in cooking recipes is given in teaspoons or tablespoons. Sometimes, we find that use ½ cup of sugar to make 2 glasses of drink and like that. When you add ingredients spoon by spoon while cooking, it seems to be troublesome. Also, some recipes we find list the quantities of ingredients in teaspoons and in some recipes; the quantity of the ingredients is mentioned in the form of a number of tablespoons.
Here the questions that arise are how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon. How to convert cups to tablespoons? How to convert tablespoons to teaspoons? Not only for cooking recipes, but we may need to know about these common conversions for some other reasons too. Here is an in detail guide on conversion.
In this post, I am going to let you know the answers to the most common questions you are unable to find. Read the post and get the answers to following questions and other questions related to simple unit conversions.
- How to convert tablespoons to cups?
- How to convert tablespoon to a teaspoon?
- How to convert teaspoons to cups?
- How many teaspoons in a tablespoon?
- How many teaspoons are in a cup?
- How many tablespoons in an ounce?
- How to convert ounces to teaspoons?
Here I am going to start my guide in a mathematical format for you based on conversions among different units of measurement including teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, ounces, and ml. So, first, let me know that what is a teaspoon?
How much is a Teaspoon? :
For measuring ingredients in small quantities, usually, the unit of measurement teaspoon is used. So, do you know that what is a teaspoon?
A ½ teaspoon is equal to 30 drops. So, this makes 1 teaspoon equals to 60 drops.
- 1 teaspoon = 60 drops
How Many tsp in a tbsp:
If the quantity is given in a number of teaspoons, how would you convert teaspoon to a tablespoon if you do not that how many teaspoons in a tablespoon? Here is the relation for equivalence between teaspoons and tablespoon.
We know that there are 60 drops in one teaspoon. When we combine 3 teaspoons, we get one tablespoon or ½ ounce. So, the relation for teaspoons in tablespoon is
- 1 teaspoon = 1/3 tablespoon
- 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
- 6 teaspoons = 2 tablespoons
- And 3 teaspoons = ½ ounce = 1 tablespoon
How Many Ounces in a Tablespoon:
I have told you above that a ½ ounce makes 3 teaspoons and also 3 teaspoons are equal to 1 tablespoon. From this relation, we can conclude the following relations among ounces, tablespoons, teaspoons.
- 1 tablespoon = ½ or 0.5 ounces = 3 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons = 1 ounce = 6 teaspoons
- 4 tablespoon= 2 ounce = 12 teaspoons
- 6 tablespoons = 3 ounce = 18 teaspoons
- 8 tablespoon = 4 ounce = 24 teaspoons
- 10 tablespoons = 5 ounce = 30 teaspoons
This means 0.5 ounces make one tablespoon.
Tablespoon to teaspoon:
If you want to convert tablespoon to a teaspoon, here are the equivalence relationships.
- ½ tablespoon = 1 ½ teaspoons
- 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons
- 3 tablespoons = 9 teaspoons
- 4 tablespoons = 12 teaspoons
- 6 tablespoons = 18 teaspoons
- 12 tablespoons = 36 teaspoons
How Many Tablespoons in 1 Cup:
Now after the relations between teaspoon and tablespoon, the next task is to know that how many tablespoons are in a cup? How many tablespoons in a quarter cup? How many tablespoons in a half cup? There are 16 tablespoons in a cup. As tablespoons per cup are 16, so there will be 8 tablespoons in a half cup and 4 tablespoons in a quarter cup.
- 16 tablespoons to cups = 1 cup
- 12 tablespoons to cups = ¾ cup
- 10 tablespoons to cups = 5/8 cup
- 8 tablespoons to cups = ½ cup
- 6 tablespoons to cups = 3/8 cups
- 4 tablespoons to cups = ¼ cup
- 3 tablespoons to cups = 3/16 cups
- 2 tablespoons to cups = 1/8 cup
Using these relations, you can easily convert tablespoons to cups.
1 Cup to tbsp or Tablespoon:
As you convert tbsp or Tablespoon to cups, the same way you can convert 1 cup to tbsp or Tablespoon to cups, if you know how many tablespoons in a cup.
- 1 cup = 16 tablespoons
- ½ cup = 8 tablespoons
- ¼ cup = 4 tablespoons
- 1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons
- 1/16 cup = 1 tablespoon
Teaspoons in a Cup:
Do you know how many teaspoons in a cup? As tablespoons can be converted to cups, the same way you can convert teaspoons in cups if you know how many tsp in a cup. Keep remember 3 teaspoons make 1 tablespoon. 48 teaspoons make 1 cup. So, the answer to the question how many teaspoons in half a cup is 24 teaspoons. So, we have the following tsp to cup equivalence relationships.
- 16 tablespoons = 48 teaspoons = 1 cup
- 12 tablespoons = 36 teaspoons to cups = ¾ cup
- 10 tablespoons = 30 teaspoons to cups = 5/8 cup
- 8 tablespoons = 24 teaspoons to cups = ½ cup
- 6 tablespoons = 18 teaspoons to cups = 3/8 cups
- 4 tablespoons = 12 teaspoons to cups = ¼ cup
- 3 tablespoons = 9 teaspoons to cups = 3/16 cups
- 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons to cups = 1/8 cup
Cups to teaspoons:
48 teaspoons make a cup and 24 teaspoons make a ½ cup. Here is how you can convert cups to teaspoons.
- 1 cup = 48 teaspoons
- ¾ cup = 36 teaspoons
- 5/8 cup = 30 teaspoons
- ½ cup = 24 teaspoons
- 3/8 cups = 18 teaspoons
- ¼ cup = 12 teaspoons
- 3/16 cups = 9 teaspoons
- 1/8 cup = 6 teaspoons
Tablespoon to ml:
How to convert tablespoon to ml? In the metric system, we use the unit millilitre for volume and in cooking recipes, the unit used for volume/measure of ingredients is tablespoon or teaspoon.
- In metric system
- 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
- In the US System
- 1 tablespoon = 14.7867648 ml
- In the UK system
- 1 tablespoon = 17.758164 ml
How Many Cups in a Pint:
A Pint is also a unit of volume that is widely used for measurement in the US especially. How to convert cups to the pint? Here we start.
- 32 tablespoons = 2 cups = 1 pint
- 16 tablespoons = 1 cup = ½ pint
- 12 tablespoons = ¾ cup = 3/8 pint
- 10 tablespoons = 5/8 cup = 5/16 pint
- 8 tablespoons = ½ cup = ¼ pint
- 6 tablespoons = 3/8 cups = 3/16 pint
- 4 tablespoons = ¼ cup = 1/8 pint
- 3 tablespoons = 3/16 cups = 3/32 pint
- 2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup = 1/16 pint
Pints to Cups:
If the quantity is given in pints, you can easily convert it to cups. 1 cup is equal to a ½ pint. So, 1 pint makes two cups.
- 1 pint = 2 cups = 32 tablespoons
- 2 pint = 4 cups = 64 tablespoons
- 3 pint = 6 cups = 96 tablespoons
- 4 pint = 8 cups = 128 tablespoons
- 5 pint = 10 cups = 160 tablespoons
- 6 pint = 12 cups = 192 tablespoons
- 7 pint = 14 cups = 224 tablespoons
Cups to Gallon:
What is the relationship between cups and gallons? 16 cups make one gallon. Here are the relationships for conversion from cups to gallon and tablespoons.
- 16 cups = 1 gallon = 256 tablespoons
- 8 cups = ½ gallon = 128 tablespoons
- 4 cups = ¼ gallon = 64 tablespoons
- 2 cups = 1/8 gallon = 32 tablespoons
- 1 cup = 1/16 gallon = 16 tablespoons
Cups to Ounces:
How to convert cups to ounces? 4 cups make 32 fluid ounces. Here are equivalence relationships among cups, ounces, and tablespoons.
- 4 cups = 32 Fluid ounces = 64 tablespoons
- 2 cups = 16 Fluid ounces = 32 tablespoons
- 1 cup = 8 Fluid ounces = 16 tablespoons
- ½ cup = 4 Fluid ounces = 8 tablespoons
- ¼ cup = 2 Fluid ounces = 4 tablespoons
- 1/8 cup = 1 Fluid ounces = 2 tablespoons
- 1/16 cup = ½ Fluid ounces = 1 tablespoon
- 1/32 cup = ¼ Fluid ounces= ½ tablespoon
Cups, Quart, and Tablespoons:
There are 16 tablespoons in one cup. Four cups make 1 quart. Here are the relationships you can follow for conversion.
- 4 cups = 1 quart = 64 tablespoons
- 2 cups = 1/2 quart = 32 tablespoons
- 1 cup = 1/4 quart = 16 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup = 1/8 quart = 8 tablespoons
- 1/4 cups = 1/16 quart = 4 tablespoons
- 1/8 cups = 1/32 quart = 2 tablespoons
- 1/16 cups = 1/64 quart = 1 tablespoon
Cups, Quart, and Teaspoons:
3 teaspoons make 1 tablespoon and 1 quart is made of 4 cups or 64 tablespoons. Relationships among cups, quart, and teaspoons have been given below.
- 4 cups = 1 quart = 192 teaspoons
- 2 cups = 1/2 quart = 96 teaspoons
- 1 cup = 1/4 quart = 48 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup = 1/8 quart = 24 teaspoons
- 1/4 cups = 1/16 quart = 12 teaspoons
- 1/8 cups = 1/32 quart = 6 teaspoons
- 1/16 cups = 1/64 quart = 3 teaspoons
Here is the end of guide on tablespoon to cups, cups to the tablespoon, the teaspoon to cups, cups to the teaspoon, cups to ounces, ounces to cups, cups to a quart, cups to a gallon, cups to the pint and the pint to cups conversion relationship. Using these mathematical relationships, you can easily convert one unit of measurement to another unit.